The Full Policies for Stores that Price Match Amazon
With Black Friday and Cyber Monday closing in on us quickly, everyone is getting ready to do some serious holiday shopping. While the convenience of online shopping is fueling what is expected to be a record-breaking Cyber Monday this year, there are many who still love going to stores in-person.
Whether you need a gift for a loved one, or need some items to get your house holiday-ready, here are the specific policies for the stores that price match Amazon.com, in alphabetical order, as they do vary:
Babies R Us – see Toys R Us
Bed, Bath & Beyond
We will also price match on any items sold by Amazon.com, but not third-party marketplace sellers or membership clubs.
The manufacturer and model number of both products must be identical.
Some examples of items that cannot be price matched are refurbished items and clearance items. Please see the Price Match Conditions section below for a full list of conditions for our Price Match Guarantee policy.
See full Bed, Bath & Beyond price match policy here.
At the time of sale, we price match all local retail competitors (including their online prices) and we price match products shipped from and sold by these major online retailers: Amazon.com, Bhphotovideo.com, Crutchfield.com, Dell.com, HP.com, Newegg.com, and TigerDirect.com.
Our Price Match Guarantee does not cover:
- Products shipped from or sold by third-party sellers on websites.
See Best Buy’s full price match policy here.
Dick’s Sporting Goods
WINNING PRICE GUARANTEE – If you find a lower price on an identical item (brand and model number) currently available for sale at a local retail store, we will match it. Just bring in the retailer’s ad at the time of purchase. We will not price match rebates, coupons, bonus offers, including BOGO offers, free offers, and gift card offers, clearance, including closeouts and used items, limited-quantity or out of stock items, prices advertised only as a percent off or dollar off, services or another retailer’s pricing error. We reserve the right to verify a retailer’s price and the availability of the item.*
While they don’t specifically mention Amazon.com, Kyle James over at Lifehacker asked them directly, saying:
Because Dick’s posted “Winning Price Guarantee” policy does not stipulate an Amazon price match, I ventured into my local store and talked to a manager. I was told that they will indeed price match Amazon as long as the price difference is not “outrageous”. I asked what was considered “outrageous” and he said “like 50% less than the Dick’s price”. But if the price difference was no more than $20-$25, they would match it. So, while this one seems a bit more up in the air, it’s always worth a shot.
See Dick’s Sporting Goods full price match policy here.
Before making a purchase from a Fry’s Electronics store or online, if you see a lower current price at a local authorized competitor in-stock, or from an authorized Internet competitor ready to ship, Fry’s will be happy to match the competition’s delivered price.
See Fry’s Electronics full price match policy here.
Yes, we offer our lowest price guarantee on any retailer’s in-store and online prices. The only exclusions are marketplaces, third party sellers such as deal websites, and auctions. Our lowest price guarantee includes items sold by Amazon.com but not by a third party on Amazon.com.
See JCPenney’s full price match policy here.
Joann.com® does offer a price match policy. Seasonal items do not qualify for price adjustments. Patterns on Joann.com® are not eligible for price match with a Jo-Ann Store price. Please note that pricing may be different between the web site and Jo-Ann Stores for many reasons, including the timing of promotional events and product source. The Price Match Pledge will be honored on Joann.com® in U.S. Dollars (USD). Please see your local Jo-Ann Store location for their posted Price Match Pledge. Joann.com® will match prices when the following conditions are met:
- Applies to identical, in-stock item only
- Price to match must have been advertised within the past 7 days
- Includes ads for competitors
- Requires proof of lower price via original/current ad or print-out of online price
- Excludes special buys, liquidations, doorbusters and club purchase
See JoAnn’s price match policy here.
We guarantee our everyday competitive prices. If you find a lower everyday price on an identical item at a local retail competitor, just bring us the competitor’s current ad, and we’ll beat their price by 10%. If a competitor is offering a percent off discount, we’ll match the final net price the competitor is offering. Our price guarantee does not apply to installation labor, to the competitor’s closeout, special order, discontinued, clearance, liquidation or to damaged items. Limited to reasonable quantities. Please reach out to Lowe’s Product & Sales Customer Care at 1-877-465-6937 or visit your local store.*
* The Lowe’s website doesn’t specifically mention price matching Amazon, however, the folks over at rather-be-shopping.com called Lowe’s directly and had this to say:
The Lowe’s website does not say anything specifically about price matching Amazon.com, only local competitors. So I called Lowe’s customer service and here is what I discovered:
- I found the perfect product to test. It was an American Standard faucet selling for $225 at Lowe’s and $196 at Amazon. $30 bucks cheaper…definitely worth the effort.
- I called and asked the Lowe’s rep, “Do you guys price match Amazon.com pricing?” She immediately said, “If it’s the same exact model, absolutely!”
- I then said, “Yes, it is the same exact faucet and you guys sell it for $30 bucks more than Amazon.”
- She said, “Just print out the product page from Amazon.com and bring it in to your local Lowe’s and head to the customer service desk and they’ll take care of it.”
- She made sure to stipulate that you can’t price match with Amazon.com on online purchases, has to be in-store.
See the Lowe’s price match policy here.
If you find a lower price on a new identical item, just show us the lower price when you buy the item at Staples and we will match the price, or within 14 days of your Staples purchase and we will give you the difference (see full policy below for details).
Staples retail stores will price match prices at brick–n–mortar retail stores and at Staples.com.
Staples.com will price match prices at select competitors’ websites and Staples’ retail stores. These select competitors are: Amazon, Best Buy, Costco, Dell, Hewlett Packard, Office Depot, Office Max, Quill, Medical Arts Press, Reliable, Sam’s Club, Wal–mart, WB Mason and Xerox. Items must be sold and shipped by one of these competitors.
See the Staples price match policy here.
Target is unbeatable when they come to price matching. They don’t just proudly price match Amazon, they have a whole list of retailers they will price match. Here’s what they have to say:
Price Match Guarantee
We’ll match the price if you buy a qualifying item at Target then find the identical item for less at Target.com, select online competitors, or in Target’s or competitor’s local print ad. Price matches may be requested at time of purchase or Price adjustments within 14 days after purchase. The full list of online competitors is available online or at Guest Services.
See Target’s full price match policy here.
Toys R Us/Babies R Us
Like Target,Toys R Us/Babies R Us is generous with their price match policy:
We do match:
- Identical items in local retail competitors’ print advertisements – same brand, same size, same style and function, although variances in color will be accepted.
- Pricing of an exact item at a competitor location that is the result of a single item percentage (%) off discount or coupon, such as a competitor coupon for 20% off a single item.
- Toysrus.com and Babiesrus.com online pricing.
See their full policy, and the list of competitors they price match, here.
We’re committed to providing low prices every day, on everything. So if you find a lower price from an online retailer on an identical, in-stock product, or the item purchased from Walmart.com is now listed at a lower price, tell us and we’ll match it*.
How to match a Walmart.com price to another online retailer*:
- Prior to placing your order, contact Walmart.com Customer Care or call us at 1.800.966.6546. We will verify the item eligibility by reviewing the online retailer, their current price, and by confirming the item is in stock
- Walmart.com has the final decision for matching an online price
The following are guidelines and limitations:
- The item must be currently in-stock at the online retailer’s website and on Walmart.com at the time of the price match request
- The item must be sold and fulfilled by online retailers* listed below or by Walmart.com
- We reserve the right to verify the price of the identical, in-stock item at the online retailer’s website (i.e., size, model, quantity, brand, color)
- We will limit quantities to one-per-customer, per item, per day
See Walmart’s full price match policy here.
And for a quick, shareable guide on retailers that price match, check out our handy infographic: